2012/04/30

Industrial Chic: Foekje Fleur Bottle Vases





We know Foekje from our very fun Rotterdam Stardumb days, and when I saw these vases she had created a while ago I thought what a brilliant idea - turning trash into something really beautiful. Foekje modeled these matte bisque porcelain bottles from waste she found along the banks of the river Maas in the Netherlands. You could even admire and buy them in Paul Smith's store in London recently! Pop a little flower in a single one or stand them without flowers in a colourful collective for some industrial chic - I think they are some of the most beautiful and original vases around!

Check out Foekjes website where you can buy the bottle vases and other fantastic objects she creates here

Happy Queens Day to everyone in the Netherlands!


4 comments:

Lens & anything Else said...

wow wow I love these vases...I check them out :)!

Lens&anythingElse

Not Just A Pretty Dress said...

Brilliant idea and design. Thank you for the introduction!

The PvdH Journal said...

I saw this on bloglovin and I couldn't quite see if they were cleaning products or what! Really interesting design.

And thank you for the happy Queens day (my dutch half is thanking you at least ;)

Fashionistable said...

Now who would have thought they could look so beautiful. She did and that is where the genius lies. To have us all see something so plain with new eyes. Yes and a happy Queens day from me too. Xxxx