2011/11/16

H&M Designer Collaboration Ramble

Versace for H&M
Versace for H&M

























Getting excited about the Versace for H&M collection? I like colour, but I guess you have to be a proper Versace girl to get all excited about this one, with all due respect to hugely creative Donatella Versace, who is running an empire and seems a very kind person. However, there was one dress that caught my attention, namely the blue silk figure-hugging pinafore dress. Yes, it's not all loud and kitschy and I reckon this one is going to be a hit!
The Last collaboration I personally got really excited about was Stella McCartney. It was H&M's second collabo with a designer after Karl Lagerfeld (the one where sizing only went up to a 38 (UK10), because he didn't want to see "big" people in his designs). I remember going to H&M in my lunchbreak to check out the collection - it was mayhem! The shopfloor was a battlefield. People were raking in the stuff regardless of size and item, only to sell them on ebay for more than double the price. The stuff was all over the place. My pick from the floor from the collection was a fabulous 100% Wool Blazer, nipped in at the waist with a belt and a stand up Mao collar. It's such a great quality and fit, I am wearing it to this day! Then last year, there was Sonia Rykiel. One of my favourite French Designers, who always manages to make quirky Parisian wearable clothes and fun knits. No more battles on the shopfloor in this case, as you could check out and buy the collection online. 
Actually, I haven't bought anything from these collaborations for a long time. It was exciting in the beginning, but it's wearing off now. There are others that I find more interesting, like the J+ for Uniqlo collection, that is sadly coming to an end. And I am curious, as to how Mary Katrantzou's designs for Topshop will translate to a mass market next year!

Who would you like to see collaborate with H&M in future?

For everyone else, H&M is surprisingly doing another collaboraitis collaboration, slightly on the rougher side, with costume designer Trish Summerville, who was responsible for the designs in Stieg Larsons "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". Inspired by antihero Lisbeth Salander, the collection features leather biker jackets and pants, casual tops and accessoires and will be available in the Divided departments from December 14th. I guess, there is no need to go for the whole bikerchic look as in the advertisement, but if you pick a jacket or a pair of pants alone, then I think there might be some nice pieces to team with the rest of your wardrobe. Take a look:










7 comments:

Mikimoto Angel said...

Versace for H&M. All I can say is WOW! That dress is to die for indeed! :-)

Much love from Mystic Nymph.

Winda Tiodang said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
(u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

Lee Oliveira said...

Great collection but boo for them not showing livestream
lee

Fashionistable said...

I didnt know about the 2nd collection. I figure there will be more it in that would transfer more smoothly to my wardrobe. I didnt buy anything from the last collaboration either, I didnt think the quality was very good. Xxxx

Stephon said...

I agree with you but I style think that some piece are really interesting at some point
really like your blog and your ideas...

http://fashioneptunes.blogspot.com

Mónica C. Welton said...

so nice

Love,
www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

Not Just A Pretty Dress said...

I think I'm one of the few people who wasn't excited about the Versace collaboration (of course the fact that I'm not a fan of the label doesn't help...) and just a couple of days before its release I heard rumors of Tom Ford as next collaborator...this might be interesting! Of the previous capsule collections, I loved Stella, Viktor & Rolf and Lanvin, also because they are amongst my favourite designers and the quality of the H&M version was pretty good! Oh, +J was great for basic chic pieces and if you want we can organise a trip to London for the Katrantzou's collaboration!