2011/09/19

God Save The Queen.



source: style.com

What a great show you put on for your Spring 2012 Red Label collection, Dame Vivienne! It was supposed to be fun and that truly came across. Draping and tailoring with a twist, at its best! Your quirky draped tartan suits are always easily the best out there, with their kooky cut, unstructured lapels and beautiful fabric, that for me, sum up quintessential Britishness. Cropped trousers with a silly low-hanging crotch? I didn't think silly! Never mind what some critics have to say, and I bet you really couldn't care less anyway! You are the godmother of Punk! With your non conformist attitude you remain a constant source of inspiration, and for this, I salute you!  


source: PUNK.

15 comments:

Mikimoto Angel said...

Those models re just so fab! I love their outfit. :-)

Much love Mystic nymph

lusine said...

cool looks

Fashionistable said...

She is so wonderful. I love her too. Xxxx

Not Just A Pretty Dress said...

She is definetely an iconic character of Brit fashion and creativity. I would love to have the taupe leather jacket in the second image...

http://notjustaprettydress.blogspot.com/

The PvdH Journal said...

How more iconic can she be to drive the fashion of the punk movement back in the day? A true fashion icon. Truth be told I was not head over heels about this collection, more of the same. But in the end 'the same' is pretty damn cool.

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Very iconic and I love the way she flirts with colours, textures and fashion.xx

Tim Robinson said...

I like these , they are so different.

Elisa said...

love it!

x

http://scarlet--red.blogspot.com/

Lee Oliveira said...

I love her take on fashion. Always stepping outside the boundaries.

Lee
x

Ashley said...

I love Vivienne Westwood; she's always so awesome and completely herself! And her clothes are so fun:) xx

JADEandNICA said...

I know runway is usually extreme, but sometimes I wonder what theyre thinking about hair or makeup lol outfits are amazing though

shooting star said...

Am loving her pic!!!..she is so totally roccking!!
like the collection too!!

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.com/

Sharda Sewdien said...

cool collection; the eye shadows of the models are the eye-catchers.;) Check out my blog; I've given you a blog award.

Mónica C. Welton said...

Lovely!


Love,
www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

the nyanzi report said...

quite simply one of the best. genius!