2011/09/15

3.1 Phillip Lim Spring 2012 NYFW



































































Source: Fashionologie


I was quite eagerly awaiting this show. Phillip Lim creates these clothes with a modern appeal, that really have that cool urban city look nailed, and that I really want to wear. And he didn't let anyone's expectations down either. The inspiration behind his collection were flying kites, that translated beautifully into rectangular flowing dresses and strips left hanging from tops and jackets like tails. I loved the geometrical tops with sporty looking silky pants in light sorbet colours with a stripe running along each side - the slouchy but elegant cut pants with zipper vents left open over the shoes, resembling track pants - the culottes, (I am a huge fan of culottes in winter and summer, and Mr. Lim does these well!) that were cut wide like boxer and basketball pants with mesh along the inside of the legs (I am loving mesh, too) - and the deconstructed collars on jackets. Colours were held in black, white and sorbet hues. I want to wear it ALL! Thank you Mr. Lim! 

You can see the rest of the collection at Fashionologie.

What was your favourite collection at NYFW so far? 


10 comments:

Olivia said...

I love the pants and I really like the occassioanly pop of lilac- sporty is definitely a big trend in the shows this time around.

Nadine2point0 said...

I was very impressed was his pants collection too!

the nyanzi report said...

impressive collection.

Fashionistable said...

This was so worth the wait. Re your comment - no hint to the husband I already had the ring which is why were were matching the necklace to it. Xxxx

lucia m said...

loveee the looks!!!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

bridechic said...

They all look so chic and comfortable. Pretty pastels!

The PvdH Journal said...

Clean, chic, and incredible fit- the usual great Phillip Lim (and isnt it clever that he named his brand 3.1? Every time I go to Style.com to browse collections it is the first one there haha).

Anyways, rambles aside I think I loved Rodarte. There was something just so magical and inspiring about it (but that doesn't mean it is practical for every-day wear). Then perhaps Proenza Schouler, Narciso Rodriguez and Phillip Lim.

Not Just A Pretty Dress said...

Loved the silhouettes of his colloction and the modern feel of the clothes, which look very wearable. However, I have to say that I wasn't a big fan of certain pastel colours he used in this collection. I'm going to spend a w-e catching up with the fashion shows...Have a great w-e as well!

http://notjustaprettydress.blogspot.com/

Lee Oliveira said...

Beautiful understated and chic. That's all I can say. Loved this collection.

Lee
x

Sharda Sewdien said...

inspiring collection; beautiful colors as well.