2011/08/09

True Love: The Jeans Jacket


Another one of my true loves are my trusted jeans jackets (above). I love them, and I don't care if they are trendy or not at times, I wear them constantly in rotation.
I have lost count of how many I have collected over the years. Most of them vintage and only one Levis Dark Blue Denim new one. Some are in storage, but my favourites, I am still wearing. Lots of Wrangler, Levis and Lee. They've been through a hell of a lot of parties and gigs over the years and I bet if they could talk, they'd tell a story or two. The older they get the better they look. Where I got them from? Mostly from markets. I used to know someone who had a jeans stall at our local weekend fleamarket in town and I watched out for his stall, jeans and dog when he went for a break and stuff. In return he gave me heaps of absolutely fantastic jeans and denim jackets. "Just don't bring them back if they don't fit", he used to threaten me. Big E's, Blue Bells and heavy quality XX denim among these finds. I treasure them to this day. I have literally worn some to pieces. Which brings me to my biggest fear...holes that are gradually getting bigger...aaaaah!!! xxx

14 comments:

Lee Oliveira said...

I have one and I am still obsessed with it..
Great pieces you have
lee x

the nyanzi report said...

is that your collection? very cool picture. i practically live in denim - can't remember the last time i wore a normal trouser.

My Styleadvisor said...

@ the nyanzi report: Yep, all mine, I'll show you in a future post what I have made out of old treasured and ripped jeans ;)

Katie said...

I love jean jackets :) Yours look great! xo

shooting star said...

yes yes yes!!!
jeans jackets are such lovelies....i got one but its very very(like tattered) old now..so this fall, am gonna buy one....

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

Lovely post. x hivenn

Fashionistable said...

They are so versitile aren't they. I too have know the sadness of the collar fraying. Great collection and story of how you came by it. Xxxx

Ramona said...

I love denim. This is awesome collection.

xoxo Ra

Sabina said...

That's cool that the jackets are your thing--like a signature piece. And very cool that you got to earn all of them by working a flea stall!

Victoria said...

I think denim Jackets are timeless you could use them any year and they always look cool! Great collection dear :) xx

classiq said...

If you wear it well, it's classic item. I love mine and I wear it constantly. :)
Ada

Mónica C. Welton said...

denim is always in.
Love,
www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

J'Adore Fashion said...

LOVE denim...great pair to have!

xoxo
Stella

Fashion Me Chic said...

jeans will never be old fashioned.
http://www.fashionmechic.com/