2011/08/01

Love It Or Loathe It? The Fur Gilet

Etro Fall RTW 2011
DVF RTW A/W 2011

Tory Burch RTW A/W 2011
Isabel Marant RTW A/W 2011













































http://www.topshop.com
http://www.zara.com






















Soon, ladies, come autumn, it's time to let that animal out of its cage. Yes, it's time for the fur gilet, once again. Real fur, faux fur, shearling, you name it! There were quite a few to be seen on the A/W 2011 runways, like these shearling ones at Etro and Isabel Marant. We all know this is nothing new, but this winter, Diane von F├╝rstenberg and Tory Burch take this look to new lengths, with long, lean, fuzzy and below the knee versions, that make for a glamorous change. I bet the high street will be following suit asap, with Topshop and Zara at the forefront.

What is your relationship with the fur gilet? Do you think it is a versatile piece for layering, that keeps you cosy, warm and stylish at the same time, or is it too folksy and Pagan for your taste?

11 comments:

Lee Oliveira said...

I was lucky enough to see that DVF collection in NY.
The collection is just superb
Lee x

Fashionistable said...

Mmmmm I flirt with it occasionally. Guess I will love it for a while come the Autumn. Xxxx

the nyanzi report said...

i love the fur trend. be it real or fuax.

The Girl Next Door said...

I love it. but its too warm at the moment... although i just bought a feather gillet that i fell in love with... convinced myself that loads of people will be getting married in the next year and it will be great for end of evening. lol.

The PvdH Journal said...

Oh geez, I think you know by now from my blog that I do like it. Depends on the fur, but I def do love the rabbit. ;) I will be wearing mine over blazers throughout the fall!

PvdH - designer & illustrator
www.ThePvdHJournal.com

Couture Me Pink said...

I absolutely love it. I cannot wait until the weather cools down so I could wear it!

Dale said...

I'm all about faux fur, I've liked it the last couple years, but I like these shorter vests best. Not the huge ones, haha, I'd feel like a bear. :) Your blog is SO cute, I just found it, following you now

xoDale
www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

Dale said...

OH yea, I agree though, I think this fur should only be worn in cold weather or winter. Not summer or spring hehe. :)

shooting star said...

i loathe it!!..coz with my body type..i woudnt look good it in!! :))

It-Blogirls said...

great selection

Sheila said...

i loveeee the look of fur! especially as a vest, nice blog btw :)

http://shayyyyy.blogspot.com/