2011/07/13

Top 5 Chic Beach Cover Ups

www.odabash.com £195.00

www.odabash.com £252.00
www.dvf.com €273.00
www.frenchconnection.com €34.00
Vix Swimwear at www.shopbop.com €97.66

Got your bikini and swimsuit? Check! Beach bag? Check! Straw Hat? Check! Now, what's missing is a gorgeous beach cover-up to throw over your bathing costume when it's time to make your way through the sand, to refill that Pina Colada and get social at the beach bar. The material should be thin enough to keep you airy, and cover up the parts you don't want to put on view too much. White cotton with some lovely intricate embroidery always looks lovely and classic on a tanned body like the Melissa Odabash cover ups, while the Diane von Fürstenberg patterned one will keep you cool in its luxurious, beautiful woven silk. There is something for every price range, and with the sales going on right now, you might be able to bag yourself a proper bargain, before you head off to the beach.

17 comments:

Sharda Sewdien said...

love the beach covers.;) My favorite is from dvf.com.

Kira said...

I love the one by DVF

www.northernstyle.blog.com

the nyanzi report said...

love the first two.

Fashionistable said...

If possible it would e the dvf one for me. Xxxx

Lucija said...

Love the French connection one!
Follow each other? :)

XO,
Lucija

withlovelucija.blogspot.com

Mademoiselle Marie, Street Style said...

je craque sur la tenique de la première photo

classiq said...

The DvF one is gorgeous! My favourite print, black and white. :)
Ada

My Style Canvas said...

Those are coverups? I'd wear 'em just as dresses, since well, I never go to beaches.

It-Blogirls said...

Wow I am totally in love with the two first pictures, stunning!

The PvdH Journal said...

I love the second one! And what a coincidence, I am currently working on a linen cover-up myself. A bit edgier for the city parks ;)

PvdH - designer and illustrator
www.ThePvdHJournal.com

shooting star said...

simple love the first cover up!!!!...but its so costly!!!!

My Styleadvisor said...

@ PvdH: Looking forward to seeing the end result!

Cortnie Elizabeth said...

LOVE the DVF cover-up!

xo,
Cortnie
http://stylelustpages.com

Joy Chou said...

Ohhh. I love the asymmetry and the unique pattern of the DVF dress. It is truly beautiful!


tacosandfreecandy.blogspot.com

The Girl Next Door said...

love #2 in white. gorgeous!

Julia said...

cool post! love it!
would love for you to take a look at my blog and follow it if you like it!
http://juliasstyleutopia.blogspot.com/
xo

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Ah, I love beach cover ups. The first is so fanciful, too;-)